Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fairytale geography continues - Due East


I bought this beautiful Afghan Lapis Lazuli cab from Stardust - a little lapidary shop in the Old City of Stockholm. It became immideately clear that it is going to be a solitair as well, I would not like to match it with other stones.


The bowl on the picture was bought in Morocco. It is handpainted - the lines are not perfectly straight and the pattern is not perfectly symmetrical. That's why I like it so much.
I wanted to make my pendant the same way, and used the very first sketch without trying to make it flawlessly symmetrical.
The idea for the pattern came to me from traditional Persian textiles.

4 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! Brava!

Swanee said...

Your weaving and design certainly do justice to the magnificent lapis stone! Wish I had a shop like "Stardust" near by ... I'm green with envy. LOL! You've created a beautiful pendant Olga!

Unknown said...

STUNNING!!!! I love the colours and design of this piece! beautiful!

Zoya Gutina said...

Beautiful colors! :)