Monday, November 14, 2011

The story of Black Magic

Here is a story of one of my favorite commissioned orders, the Black Magic necklace.
To cut a long story short, it was first supposed to be an alternative wedding necklace. But then it was decided that it would "just" be a necklace for a special occasion.

I was given a task to make something big and beautiful, burlesque, vampiric, with black focals and brass ornaments. No problem, I thought.

It took me a bit more than a week. I used onyx cabs, lots of Swarovski (pearls, rivolis, stones, crystals), lucite flowers, ornate brass stampings, lots of different kinds of seed beads and yards and yards of Fireline. The cabs are bezelled with right angle weave. Everything is put together with freeform peyote. This time it is 100% bead weaving, no embroidery at all.

I took this picture at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, the day before it was supposed to be posted. Then I played around with a clasp and earrings. When I was finished, the daylight was gone and I took all the pictures under a lamp. The result was sort of cool: the pictures got a vintage look. :) What the heck, I thought, and left them as they were.


Couple of close-ups:


The necklace can be worn as a choker, or as a colliér. I have added a small detail to regulate its length:

and this is just the clasp in the choker-version (sorry for the blurry picture):

Finally, earrings to match:

And the whole thing:


The client is satisfied. That is the main thing, to know that my necklace is going to be loved and taken care of.

Nice week to all of you!

18 comments:

ewuva said...

fantastic necklace, stunning .....
Pozdrawiam;)

pistiss said...

Amazing!

GlasellDesign said...

Du är makalöst duktig!
Ett fantastiskt konstverk, som jag hoppas blir väl tillvarataget och använt med vördnad då och då...

Alyona said...

Gorgeous!!!

lynsey said...

Wow what a show stopper, i would have been very happy with that too, and all woven?! fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see it in daylight, with truer colors. Or on a person.

Lynn/beadencounter.com

Rose Clearfield said...

Wow, what an amazing piece! Love the earrings to match, too. I'm so glad that the customer is satisfied.

serafinaS said...

I´m impressed, wow! Fantastic necklace, congratulation

Greetings
Bine

Szikati said...

Wow! I have no words!!!!!!!!

Amy's said...

Oh My God !!!!! This is just absolutely stunning.
If it was mine I wouldn't be just simply satisfied I would be jumping up and down and show this beautiful jewelry to everybody.
Woooow..and just woooow.

Foxan said...

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments!

Lynn, I would love to show its "true colors", but I got no pics left.:( Will ask my client to send me some though.

Monica said...

Non ho parole!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bravissima!

Nally said...

Потрясающая работа! Очень красиво!

flyingbeader said...

That is one fantastic piece. Love both the lighting & to think...all bead weaving...WOW!

Unknown said...

seguo il tuo blog da molto e per me è fonte di ispirazione, trovo i tuoi lavori belli ed originali. Ti ringrazio per la compagnia che mi hai fatto e per le belle cose che mi hai mostrato. Se ti fa piacere passa dal mio canale youtube: miciola1000, ma io non ho niente da insegnarti. Grazie

Foxan said...

Dear all,
thank you for your kind comments!
I read them humbly. You rock!
Hugs,
Olga

Unknown said...

how much cost is it?:>:) i have no words to say how much beatifull is it. i'm sorry 4 my english i learning this leanguage..

Foksa said...

Thank you for your comment, Aga!

This necklace has been made to order, it is unfortunately not for sale.

Neck pieces of this kind cost starting at 400 dollars, depending on the material price.